Sunday, February 21, 2016

Fluff Salad

Wait a second...there is protein hiding in my fluff salad....AND only 2 carbs per serving!  I'm sure once in your life you have been fooled into taking this type of salad at a family reunion.  You know it's the one that looks like a dessert and you take the first bite and turn to the person next to you and ask .... what did they put in my whip cream!  I will admit at first I was one of those that was pissed every time I was fooled by this salad but now knowing it is hiding a little bit of protein but not hiding the large amounts of carbs that other recipes might have I say....yum, give me some more fluff salad.

Fluff Salad
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 T artificial sweetener
1 box of black cherry sugar free jello

To quicken the whipping process put the bowl, heavy whipping cream and beaters in the freezer for 10 minutes.  Combine cottage cheese and jello well.  Add cheese and pecans to the cottage cheese/jello mixture and stir well.  Whip heavy whipping cream on high just until soft peaks start to form.  Add the sweetener and continue to whip until firm peaks form.  Gently fold the whipped cream into remaining mixture.  Chill before serving.



Feldman Quick Tips

Do not be fooled by the ingredients, this salad is nothing but delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment